Scubert > HE STILL WANTS TO BUY IT AT HIGHER PRICE !!!!!

Marketplace for vehicle buyers and sellers

Moderators: Hocrest, Myxalplyx, Huck369, Moodybluesr, grossgary, john in KY, SUBBYRU89, austinXT6

Scubert > HE STILL WANTS TO BUY IT AT HIGHER PRICE !!!!!

Postby SubaruJawn on Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:08 pm

New Parts:
Plugs
Plug Wires
Distributer
Distributer Rotor
Timeing Belts
CV Boots
Both Front Ball Joints
All 8 Brakepads like new

Bad:
Clutch is fine the Plate is Weak
Busted Dash Trim
Clear Coat Flaking

Info:
Inspected till 1/09
100,100 Miles
Very Reliable
Pennzoil 10W 30 Full Synthetic Oil

What Do Yall Think Scuby is worth?
Last edited by SubaruJawn on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 8 times in total.
-Jawn
1989 Subaru XT-6 5 Speed MANual Transmission All Wheel Drive Known as Scubert.
SubaruJawn
Veteran

Postby grossgary on Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:44 pm

unfortunately it's not worth much at all, if you want top dollar for it you need to find the ideal buyer which usually takes time.

depends on your time frame for selling it and the intelligence of the buyers you can find. quick sell you'll be lucky to get $500 for it. if you hold on to it for 1 or 2 years you might find someone willing to give you closer to $1,000. clutch work is a huge job, it's hard to find someone that wants to deal with it. that's a $500 - $1,000 job, few people wanting to buy a 15 year+ old car in that price range want to put that kind of money in it. and those of us that can do our own work, can buy super nice late 90s model Legacy's for under $1,000 and fix them...or an XT6 for free/cheap.
Gary
Lifted 88 XT6 FT4WD MT
87.5 XT Turbo castrated FT4WD, 89 Manual XT6
02 OBW VDC H6
96 Legacy LSi castrated to EJ18 w/FWD conversion
grossgary

Postby SubaruJawn on Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:58 pm

For $1,000.00 i'd rather keep him. yeah the clutch is an issue with the non backyard mechanics. i know theirs alot of years left in him. not sure exactly how many.

that raises another question. how many years could i get outa him ? both winter and non winter years.
-Jawn
SubaruJawn
Veteran

Postby richardsubiestanley on Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:37 pm

Is this the car with the terrible frame?
If so, however many days/months/maybe years that thing will hold out before imploding.
If not, however many you can afford to keep it going, almost nothing is irreplaceable, so if your willing to do the work and spend the money than forever.
Nobody can tell you how long your cars got left
richardsubiestanley
Veteran

Postby SubaruJawn on Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:39 pm

richardsubiestanley wrote:Is this the car with the terrible frame?

No this is my Solid XT6
-Jawn
SubaruJawn
Veteran

Postby richardsubiestanley on Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:41 pm

If you really wanna sell it then why dont you just replace the clutch?
richardsubiestanley
Veteran

Postby DiabloGL on Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:45 pm

Could be many more years. You are a little past halfway on the mileage before serious things like the engine and transmission falling apart happen (if they have been well taken care of). I was pushing 190K in my 88 XT4 and it still ran reliably even though it was pushing a quart of oil out per fill up. That was after everything was resealed. The manual transmission was still solid. This was in a car that had been abused by the two previous owners.

I have bought and sold 3 used XTs over the past few years and the price range has been from $700 (the leaky 88 XT4) to $1400 for a 86 XT Turbo with all the bells and whistles mostly still working. I am not a backyard mechanic beyond repairing interior stuff and I would be very reluctant to buy something with clutch or transmission problems.

Rusting out the underside is also a big factor in your area.
2005 Novara Fusion Bicycle (Tildy)
2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost
2012 Chevrolet Volt
DiabloGL

Postby SubaruJawn on Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:35 pm

richardsubiestanley wrote:If you really wanna sell it then why dont you just replace the clutch?

the reason i'm selling him so i cant afford my MEDS.
i take insulin blood pressure pills ect....
in other words a diabetic.

My Health is more important than any car. except for my first car
-Jawn
SubaruJawn
Veteran

Postby richardsubiestanley on Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:55 pm

Well, thats understandable. your health should come before your car, but the particular combination of those two medications also brings to light that they're not the only option. Lifestyle choice could most likely basically cure both of those (unless you are a true type I diabetes mellitus)
richardsubiestanley
Veteran

Postby SubaruJawn on Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:09 pm

richardsubiestanley wrote:Well, thats understandable. your health should come before your car, but the particular combination of those two medications also brings to light that they're not the only option. Lifestyle choice could most likely basically cure both of those (unless you are a true type I diabetes mellitus)

i do not have a clue which. i just know i have to put needle in my stomch 2 times in the morning and 2 times at night every day. (2 different insulens R and N)

R 10MG
N 5MG
-Jawn
SubaruJawn
Veteran

Postby richardsubiestanley on Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:13 pm

K, nm i'm just gonna PM you
richardsubiestanley
Veteran

Postby JumboShrimp on Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:48 pm

i bought the 6 i drive today for 600... with bad headgaskets.. but with a new clutch and no rust. I have a shop and a lot of knowledge... (and people around me that know a lot too) So i just did a motor swap. The er27 out of the first 6 i had which i know ran strong and had 80k less miles. Got that done. and the car sits in my driveway and i dont have a problem driving it to seattle and back (150 ish miles). Sure i know i REALLY need to fix the CTS. But other than that. the car is solid. one tiny area of rust... Power steering works. It has a NICEEE sound system ( i dont think anything is stock for the radio) wow.. i have a lot of bass.. two 12's running 920 watts @ 4ohms....

If i put a day of solid work into that car. i wouldnt even think of letting her go for less than $2,000. (not that i would sell it unless something MAJOR came up...)

Basically... my 2 cents is. Fix whatever is wrong with your clutch. You know you have a good shop to work in. So tools shouldnt be a problem. If you still decide not to do it. Or if its because you dont have the money... Get a job. If you dont want to do that.... then you just wont help yourself. And i'll stop caring.
Robert
1988 xt6 (Formerly ft4wd) Push button 4wd 5speed! (sold :()
1991 Honda Civic Wagon
kingbobdole wrote:The gun powder idea is just silly. unless you mount a rear facing cannon on your car and use its kickback for propulsion.
JumboShrimp
Veteran

Postby SubaruJawn on Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:54 pm

easier said than done. getting a job is hard.
i put applications in everywere even in places that have NOW HIRING signs in the window. i never get a call and weeks later the sign is still up.

WTF is going on ? what they look at me when i turn it in and throw application away?.
-Jawn
SubaruJawn
Veteran

Postby Bucky92 on Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:10 pm

I see you posted it FS in USMB..You didnt mention the clutch being bad...did you fix it? Cause honestly you WILL NOT sell it for $2000 with the clutch bad.

Also you have to keep trying to get a job...go to job agencies ( Manpower etc) Jobs dont fall out of the air onto your lap. You also ...many times...have to suck it up and take a really crappy job and while working that really crappy job...keep looking for a better one...And even when a good one comes along you may have to take a bad shift ( Like graveyard...like some of us work)

And like little Rob says
Get a job. If you dont want to do that.... then you just wont help yourself. And i'll stop caring.
Last edited by Bucky92 on Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
83 GL-10 Coupe ~LB~
08 Impreza 2.5i 5 dr ~Holly~
94 Isuzu Amigo.. Lifted 5 spd ~ Tumble~
Bucky92
Guru

Postby SubaruJawn on Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:47 pm

Their. Fixed That. thaught i had it in their

By the way i had lota shatty jobs. Mcdonals just to name one. i cant stay at a job cuz of my F**** Dirty Mouth. no matter how many times i try to keep my mouth shut. one way or another i get Fired.
i went threw All Seasons their trying to get my a Job.

I'm Way Ahead of you.

Tried:
All Seasons
Career Link
if i knew more i'd go

i am trying to get a job. i'm not some Slazy Lazy Slob.
i tired beggin my old job back at powder co. for crying out loud i almost went to my knees.
-Jawn
SubaruJawn
Veteran

Next

Return to XTs/XT6s for sale