so i got married and am tempted to commit subaru adultery

Try to keep it somewhat clean and reasonably PC

Moderators: Hocrest, Myxalplyx, Huck369, Moodybluesr, grossgary, john in KY, SUBBYRU89, austinXT6

so i got married and am tempted to commit subaru adultery

Postby avatar382 on Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:11 pm

Woah, weird thread title.

But seriously guys, me and my girlfriend of like a billion years eloped like 3 weeks ago, on January 16th. I'm married and it's great, I couldn't be happier!

What's more is that my lady inherited a rather interesting car from her brother a few weeks before I got married... a '95 Nissan 240SX, S14. Half mine now!

The engine is stock, but the suspension is modified to all hell. Incredibly stiff, zero body roll. I don't know all the details, but I know it's got strut bars on the front and back, these nifty blue springs, R32 (skyline) parts somewhere... well, lets say I can push down with body weight on it, and it doesn't move. It handles. What's more, it's a handful. I took a hard right turn at an intersection and the rear came out. Oh boy.

The engine is stock but frankly, I don't want/need more power any time soon. And, it's just 150 hp but it feels about as fast as my XT. Maybe it's the low end torque - the with the low compression and cams, the XT has nothing until boost hits.

Anyway, I'm feeling guilty because I'm torn about the XT. The 240SX was in a minor accident -- enough to cause minor body damage and deploy airbags. The bodywork was fixed, but the interior is rather busted with a dash replacement, and new steering wheel in order, and the tires (225/35-18! $200 a corner!) are nearly bald.

Now, the XT isn't in that bad shape, but it needs wheel bearings, shifter bushings, and 2 new CV boots, interior trim, and a rewiring/remounting of the aftermarket stereo. Doesn't sound like much, but in the past 6 months, I haven't found the time to replace even the spark plugs.

Even though I haven't been putting many miles on the car, I've been treating the XT like a beater daily driver. Now, there's another sporty car vying for attention, so there is even less of a chance that the XT is going to get fixed up, on top of all the new bills that come from a wedding/honeymoon we're planning and all the other stuff that comes with having M marital status.

So the XT has been somewhat neglected and from the looks of it, is likely to stay neglected!

So I've toyed with the idea of putting it in a storage state, as in not driving it, but I've got nowhere to put it. I've also toyed with the idea of selling it, but that sends shivers down the spine -- I don't want it to go to anyone but an enthusiast. I suspect it would take an enthusiast to put up with the quirks of the car, anyway...

So that's my story. If anyone knows of a good, cheap place to store a car long term, I'm all ears! Also, even though I'm not sure I'd sell yet, feel free to throw offers my way. I'm more concerned about finding an owner who appreciates the history and uniqueness of the car than making money on it.
95' Nissan 240SX
Yellow bicycle

(Soon, an XT will grace this sig again!)
Veteran

Postby DerFahrer on Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:03 pm

I would really really really want to buy it from you if you sold it, but I dunno where I would put it either, or where I would get the money.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK
Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb
DerFahrer
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Hocrest on Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:47 pm

Congrats.

Doesn't Austin need a replacement wedge?
Dave
-86 Brat ~ Rebecca
-92 SVX LS-L ~ Princess
-03 Baja ~ OutBrat
Hocrest
Veteran

Postby Huck369 on Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:14 pm

Congrats on th Marriage Manny!!!!

I hope you don't sell the Monster Wedge....as it's yet to meet "FrankenWedge"....I think they'd get along great 8)

You really need to bring your XT to the Dragon again this year...
Huck
Subaru Ambassador
88 XT6 5-Speed(Project Car)
08 Impreza 2.5I 5-Speed
92 SVX LS-Tour (Yellow AWD 5-Speed)
09 Forester X Premium
The Creator of FrankenWedge
Huck369

Postby BizzarBoxerXT on Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:23 pm

i will pick up another 240. If u want to know anything about 240sx im your man. I am on my 3rd motor now. First had the stock took it out put in a cheapo ca18det blew it up put another in. Did all the suspension up and all that good stuff. So any questions just let me know.
BizzarBoxerXT

Postby austinXT6 on Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:30 pm

CONGRATUALTIONS MANNY!!!! That's great news!!! I know you and Scarlett will be happy together. Man, that's just awesome!!! WOO-HOO!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

(oh, and yeah, I'd love to have your XT!!! ;) )
austinXT6
Site Admin

Postby Alcyone Lunacy on Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:37 pm

Congrats on the biggest commitment of your life! Many happy years to you and your wife! Cheers!

Manny,

View my posts and you will know I am the one to sell it to. Considering I have obsessed about your XT since I have got on this forum. Your XT is my dream car; I love that color scheme! If you are willing to sell I am willing to find a way to buy it! SERIOUSLY! 8) 8)

PM me and LMK if you want to sell she would look soooo great next to my alcyone collection!(XT Turbo, XT6, and SVX). 8)
'86 4WD XT Turbo(XTINCT)
'87 4WD XT TURBO (XTLUNAC)
'92 SVX LS-L (LUNACY)
Former:
'91 4WD XT6 (SUBDUED)
Alcyone Lunacy
Veteran

Postby avatar382 on Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:57 pm

Thanks for all the congratulations! Don't worry, you'll all get to meet my wife, I'm going to take her up to the Dragon this year.... I mean, she's been hearing about it non stop for the past 4 years or so, so we're both stoked about going this year!

About the car:

I am leaning towards but not fully decided on selling it. Don't want to part it out. I consider it my baby and I want it to go to a good home. It's in the shop right now, getting an alternator and some electrical issues resolved.

The good is that mechanically it's in decent shape, the engine was rebuilt and has around 30K miles on it since. It's a ton of fun to drive. The bad is that it's rough in some areas, not geared for luxury, and although it is in good driving condition, it will need work soon. Here's the rundown

mods:
-rebuilt engine
-VF11 turbo (90's legacy)
-manual boost controller
-Ford thunderbird intercooler
-delta cams (262 grind)
-XT6 suspension/brake swap
-XT6 interior swap
-Momo Monte Carlo steering wheel w/custom adapter
-turbo back exhaust - open downpipe, straight pipe with a resonator and muffler (probably won't pass emissions! lol)
-TechWorks stainless steel headers
-Greddy EGT gauge
-Autometer water/oil pressure/boost gauges
-column mounted analog tach
-5spd dual range full time 4wd transmission (you know, the one in the RX)
-engine oil cooler
-stop tech stainless steel brake lines
-honda shift knob, kinda custom short throw shifter
-Volvo bypass valve
-heat wrap on turbo
-ported heads
-Limited slip rear diff
-lightened xt6 flywheel
-rather dark window tinting

the good:
-It's a ton of fun to drive, look at, and hear at redline!
-No seriously, this car sounds MEAN. Turbo is very loud, too
-paint is in suprisingly good shape
-interior is (mostly) in surprisingly good shape
-probably around 180 hp. Been running at 10-11 psi.
-sony mp3/cd player, 4 decent panasonic speakers
-4 NEW Fuzion ZRi tires, 205/45/16. Tons of grip. Just dropped $450 on those!
-16" Impreza 2.5RS wheels look SHARP
-Optima red top battery
-The whole car has a ton of grip.
-Since I've owned it, nothing but Mobil 1 oil & premium gas (duh on the latter)
-Those of you who know me know that I've, for the most part, babied it. Never did have the balls to do clutch drops, always felt guilty keeping it up at redline, drove it soft when the engine was cold, let it idle before shutting it off.
-STI key (only opens front door & ignition, walmart key opens the other and trunk)
-I'm including a ton of parts!
-no oil leaks! (execpt for a teesy bit at the oil cooler, but that's not the engine's fault)
-No lifter tick!
-did I mention that it sounds mean?

the bad:
-No power steering. The pump was removed by previous owner, I got used to it and have the forearms to show. Honestly, it's not bad and only a pain at 3 mph.
-No air conditioning. All AC parts were removed. Heater works fine, though.
-Wipers won't go into High, but do work on low mode and intermittent.
-No cruise control. You guessed it, removed.
-2 torn CV boots. The axles are not clicking yet.
-Bad wheel bearing, passenger side, rear. Needs to be replaced
-Front brake rotors are warped. Lucky for you, I am including a set of brembo front rotors and axxis pads.
-Rear bumper has deep scratches in it. Lucky for you, I am including a baby blue rear bumper.
-Interior dash trim is cracked. Seems like every other XT has this problem.
-Aftermarket radio is installed loosely. Whole dash wobbles some when you hit a bump. Lucky for you, I am including a crutchfield XT install kit to secure it.
-Suspension may be worn. I think it has a lot of body roll, squat and dive.
-Right turn signal doesn't stick sometimes
-Glove compartment lock broken
-No steering column cover
-Parking lights don't work
-Needs shifter bushings, bad. Shifter is all over the place!
-Transmission grinds some in 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Got much better after replacing Redline fluid with el cheapo fluid, but still grinds from time to time. I just double clutch a lot.
-No fuel system mods, and it runs lean at higher RPMs.
-Body: Small rust spots here and there, nothing bigger than say, a nickel. Underside, some rust on frame rails. quarter sized dent in hood.
-It's loud!

Whew...

Well, I'm sure I'm missing something. Feel free to pepper me with questions. The figure I have in mind now is $1000, I just want to cover my recent investments of tires and the work being done now in the shop. That's around the KBB value for an 87 XT Turbo in good to fair condition.

Feel free to smack me around if you think that figure is off base. Again, although I'm leaning that way, not 100% sure I'm selling quite yet. Oh, and if I do sell it, the new owner better let me drive it from time to time!
95' Nissan 240SX
Yellow bicycle

(Soon, an XT will grace this sig again!)
Veteran

Postby crazyhorse_001 on Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:41 pm

First off CONGRATS Manny. I remember when I first got murdered...oops I mean married. :oops: I wish you all the best for MANY happy years & many happy lil' Mannys.
DADGUM YOU! you hadda post this AFTER I finalized a deal on a 6 in NC ... For $200 more I might add! LOL..
Honestly I need to keep to Autos, cuz "She who must be obeyed" doesn't do well with a stick. (See what 18 yrs of being murdered does for ya?)
I KNOW someone on here will snap up the "Monster Wedge". Who knows it MAY end up parked next to "Frankenwedge"... Wouldn't THAT be a pair!

(Hint Hint *ahem* Huck)
Nought but by the grace of God
Don't run out of talent, grip, and road all at the same time
'88 XT GL FWD/5spd, Gunmetal Grey "Little Bit"
'91 XT6 FWD/4eat, Silver, lost the battle with the the rust monster
crazyhorse_001
Veteran

Postby Huck369 on Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:59 pm

I'd love to buy it, but I think it should be Austin that gets it, if he's interested....plus I just bought a .... Ford.... :roll:

1994 F350 4x4 Duellie flat bed with a cattle rack on it...

Bought it off my cousin, basically to help him out......anyone need a truck? :?:
Huck
Subaru Ambassador
08 Impreza 2.5I 5-Speed
09 Forester X Premium
Huck369

Postby Alcyone Lunacy on Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:26 pm

It NEEDS to become mine! (sorry huck I am not reffering to your ford, but mannys Beautiful monster wedge!):twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: MINE MINE MINE!!!!

(ok I know I am crazy) :roll:

I really want this car.............................................bad.
'86 4WD XT Turbo(XTINCT)
'87 4WD XT TURBO (XTLUNAC)
'92 SVX LS-L (LUNACY)
Former:
'91 4WD XT6 (SUBDUED)
Alcyone Lunacy
Veteran

Postby DerFahrer on Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:07 pm

If you put a genuine $1000 price tag on it, I would find a way to buy it, if Austin doesn't get to it first.

Huck? A Ford??? The hell's the matter with you? :lol:
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK
Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb
DerFahrer
Moderator Emeritus

Postby kingbobdole on Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:17 am

Hi.

You all may not know this but I work at a Ford dealer again.... I consider it job security to drive a Subaru to work.

Anyway, do you know the coolest part of Ford? The other day I was under a brand new F-350 dualy Diesel... a rather nice $60K truck... well, for a truck. I was under it and noticed a rear main seal leak, pretty bad, dripy. So I yell up to the guy above, "How many miles does this thing have on it?"

The reply comes back

"Just over 3000, this is its 'first free' change"

DOH!
~Phil
EZ Cheeze
FWD magic SVX
Fe Coupe
Rust in the shape of a BRAT
Alfa Romeo GTV
Motorless Impreza sport
TURBO! bike
Da Rune

SubaruJawn wrote:Does yellow really do that ?

subeman90 wrote:LeBaron.

austinXT6 wrote: It's a little doo-dad that sticks up an inch or so
kingbobdole
Cheesy monarch

Postby Jeffast on Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:26 am

Huck369 wrote:I'd love to buy it, but I think it should be Austin that gets it, if he's interested....plus I just bought a .... Ford.... :roll:

Bought it off my cousin, basically to help him out......anyone need a truck? :?:
is it a deisel, and if so is it a 5spd how much you want for it ??
in between failures
shawnw wrote: Jesus Christ Jeff this is why you cant have nice things

91 xt6 just enough eg33
99 mazda miata
this statement might have lent more authenticity if you had pants on
subeman90 wrote:I always cry after sex.
Jeffast
Post-itute

Postby Huck369 on Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:24 am

Jeffast wrote:
Huck369 wrote:I'd love to buy it, but I think it should be Austin that gets it, if he's interested....plus I just bought a .... Ford.... :roll:

is it a deisel, and if so is it a 5spd how much you want for it ??

Jeff I answered in your PM.
But will post a little more info in case anyone wants to know

1994 Ford F350 4x4 Duellie flat bed
Automatic
460 Fuel injectes Gas motor
108k on it
It's beat up down the drivers side, but drivable, door opens fine
It's Red

Price....right now, If I don't have to touch it...$800, but the price will be going up as I do anything to it.

It needs front tires in a bad way....
Huck
Subaru Ambassador
08 Impreza 2.5I 5-Speed
09 Forester X Premium
Huck369

Next

Return to Off Topic