Subbie down!

Try to keep it somewhat clean and reasonably PC

Moderators: Hocrest, Myxalplyx, Huck369, Moodybluesr, grossgary, john in KY, SUBBYRU89, austinXT6

Subbie down!

Postby Moodybluesr on Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:49 pm

Hey there everyone! I though I would drop by and let everyone (who remembers me) know that I bought another Subaru: a 2003 WRX wagon in Sedona red (named her Ruby Sue II). Unfortunately she had a misfire when I bought her but I got a pretty good deal on a rust free California car (which is rare up in Michigan). After a bit of diag I found no compression on cylinder four so I am weighing my options for repair (re-ring kit with new pistons, rebuild on the entire motor, etc.). The EJ257 short block would also be an option if I found one cheap enough. Anyway I just thought I would check in and will keep you all updated. I have the weekend for the Dragon off an hope to make it out there, even if it is only with our family hauler, as it would be great to see a lot of you guys (and girls) again!
Jim
My eBay feedback
2003 WRX wagon
2002 Dyna Super Glide Sport
Moodybluesr

Re: Subbie down!

Postby john in KY on Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:43 pm

My money is on a burnt exhaust valve.
john in KY

Postby grossgary on Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:20 am

good call by John. might just need a head job?
resurface the heads and use EJ25 Turbo headgaskets on it.
Gary
89 XT6, rear LSD
02 OBW VDC H6
06 Tribeca
grossgary

Postby Huck369 on Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:20 am

Put an EZ30 in it :)

Good to see ya back Jim.....I've got a couple EJ18 motors setting around, could throw the turbo stuff on one of them.....
Huck
Subaru Ambassador
88 XT6 5-Speed(Project Car)
08 Impreza 2.5I 5-Speed
92 SVX LS-Tour (Yellow AWD 5-Speed)
09 Forester X Premium
The Creator of FrankenWedge
Huck369

Postby Moodybluesr on Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:31 pm

Thanks all! I think I am going to pull the motor and tear it down to see what the issue is before moving forward. It will be a couple weeks before I can get that done. In the mean time I sold my truck and bought a Sequoia for our growing family (seats eight). This means that I will be driving the minivan around until the WRX is back on the road again. :roll: Maybe the weather will hold out (68 degrees right now in Detroit) and I can just ride the Super Glide to work!
Jim
My eBay feedback
2003 WRX wagon
2002 Dyna Super Glide Sport
Moodybluesr

Postby Huck369 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:21 am

Moodybluesr wrote:Thanks all! I think I am going to pull the motor and tear it down to see what the issue is before moving forward. It will be a couple weeks before I can get that done. In the mean time I sold my truck and bought a Sequoia for our growing family (seats eight). This means that I will be driving the minivan around until the WRX is back on the road again. :roll: Maybe the weather will hold out (68 degrees right now in Detroit) and I can just ride the Super Glide to work!

Sounds like a plan......I'm still riding to work anytime I can (on the XT250 today....hey, at least it's an XT :) )
Huck
Subaru Ambassador
88 XT6 5-Speed(Project Car)
08 Impreza 2.5I 5-Speed
92 SVX LS-Tour (Yellow AWD 5-Speed)
09 Forester X Premium
The Creator of FrankenWedge
Huck369

Return to Off Topic