Steve in Hospital

Try to keep it somewhat clean and reasonably PC

Moderators: Hocrest, Myxalplyx, Huck369, Moodybluesr, grossgary, john in KY, SUBBYRU89, austinXT6

Re: Steve in Hospital

Postby sikend667 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:55 am

Another update. Got a care package from up north subie gal (jaimey) which made my week. Also a bunch of the guys showed up in their imprezas to hang out with me brought the news with them again as well. My right leg is almost 100% now and my left leg is now moving to 50° which is much better. The doctor is saying I should be on my feet at the end of january with full mobility by july
Sorrow Six Star wrote:I have a Badcock and more credit account. Nice furniture.

crazyhorse_001 wrote:
Sorrow Six Star wrote:Only thing coming up is my Badcock and more credit bill..... Badcock ain't cheap.

Ya know, you'd think it would be. LMAO
sikend667

Postby sikend667 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:08 pm

W alked today! it was only about 6 feet but its a start

crazyhorse_001 wrote:
Sorrow Six Star wrote:Only thing coming up is my Badcock and more credit bill..... Badcock ain't cheap.

sikend667

Postby subeman90 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:15 pm

good for you brother! :mrgreen:
Matt
13 Crosstrek :D 07 Corolla CE ;) 07 Trek 7100 (x2) :)
SubaruJawn wrote:i dont think cuz i got beat up alot in my school days.
subeman90
Guru

Postby grossgary on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:24 pm

sikend667 wrote:W alked today! it was only about 6 feet but its a start

wow, keep at it beast. good job. work hard and listen to the physical therapists.
Gary
89 XT6, rear LSD
02 OBW VDC H6
06 Tribeca
grossgary

Postby Fury on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:33 am

Way to go... :D

I had a stroke, due to corroded artery compression in my neck a few years back, while most patients were lying around, I spent my time doing the physio exercises . ( I was told to slow down a bit...lol) but I was out of hospital in 1 WEEK ! When I was taken in by ambulance,I had very vague brain activity, ( well I guess that was normal, lol) I couldn't walk un aided, no balance, slurred speech ( no, it wasn't the alcohol...) droopy facial muscles and was initially told by the doctors that recovery should take 3 to 4 months and I should get back about 80% of function.

Inside a few weeks, I was back to nearly absolutely normal ( well my kind of normal) just by doing the mobility / physio exercises and well exceeding the set goals.

With a bit of grit and determination, you'll get there. Well done so far, you'll be out before you know it!

edit - any word / leeds on the driver that smacked into you yet?
Chris'88 WR XT AX7 Turbo 4WD, 5 speed,
Full EJ20T WRX Running gear,
Full 3" exhaust. Jap spec ECU, TMIC,
Gen III GT brakes + Eibach coilovers 5 lug swap & kit(http://www.crossbredperformance.com) with 17"STI rims... and other great stuff
Fury
Guru

Postby Sorrow Six Star on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:25 am

Great news! You'll be wiring stereos and welding roofs in no time!
1988 Subaru XT6 XT22b project
1988 Subaru XTGL undisclosed swap project.
1992 Subaru "Leone" (Loyale Sedan SPFI)
Sorrow Six Star
Veteran

Postby sikend667 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:57 am

No word on the driver but alot of local guys have been pounding the pavement since the cops could give 2 s**ts less. Best part is I havnt had a physical therapy appointment yet. My best friend from high school who is in town for the holidays also came over helped me into my chair and took me for a walk. First time ive been outside since the accident. Never thought id appreciate trees so much lol. Thank you all for your support. I got a new stereo for the turbo today was pulled from an 86 in 1992 so its beautiful. Also changed out the bulbs in a friends cluster for her for christmas. Im still keeping busy in the project department

crazyhorse_001 wrote:

sikend667

Postby sikend667 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Had pt today went ok im walking all over now with the assistanc of a walker. Found a new fracture in my right leg so ill be out even longer
sikend667

Postby sikend667 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:53 pm

just wanted to let everyone know im back at work now on light duty. im walking unassisted though sore and slow im getting better. bought another car to get me to and from work as i cant drive the xt yet. thank you again for all your support and all the well wishes!

crazyhorse_001 wrote:

sikend667

Postby Fury on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:22 am

Great news to hear, and pleased that your employer kept a job open for you. :D . I guess there was no news on the guy that hit you?
Gen III GT brakes + Eibach coilovers 5 lug swap & kit(http://www.crossbredperformance.com) with 17"STI rims... and other great stuff
Fury
Guru

Postby sikend667 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:59 am

nope never caught him..... the cops seem completely disinterested in helping in any way. the subaru community on the other hand has been completely amazing during this entire ordeal. between all the help with my car and the meet they organized for me they have all been a blessing and a godsend. i also have to thank all of you for your kind words of support and for keeping me entertained throughout the last few weeks.

as for my company they have done more than just kept my job. they gave me my annual raise even though i was down and out, they fast tracked my health insurance so that part of my medical expences will be covered thru them, the employees including some i still havnt met yet pooled their paid time off so that i wasnt screwed on my bills and food, and they even donated some equipment to the hospital i was at to help cut my costs as well.

crazyhorse_001 wrote:

sikend667

Postby Fury on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:11 am

Steve , mate, you must be a nice guy, as what is happening is KARMA.

Your Subi "family" does care, it is sometimes hard to fatham, and even though I am on the other side of the world, I and members of this Subi commuity, are family. It's a little hard from here to do anything constructive other than emotional support, but there are a lot of people out in the world, that have made a difference in your life since the accident.
Your employer also must think that you are a valuable asset and work mates must also think you are not so bad either.

SO, things will work out in the end, I know the cops and probably insurance company arnt really interested, but hopefully things will catch up to the person that caused this whole mess.
That will also be Karma! :twisted:

Day by day, life will get back to normal and fortunately things wern't worse than they ended up. I don't know why these things happen, but some people look for the reason why - and quite often find one.
I didn't mean to do the whole emotional thing here, but good news is so often overlooked and I personally find your progress news really uplifting. You have some amazing friends that have directly helped you, each with their own reasons. I am sure everyone wanted to help in any capacity they could.

Now, to get the XT back on the road! :D
Fury
Guru

Postby sikend667 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:21 pm

she will be road worthy as soon as i find 5 lug crap for the back and get the driveline back in. then paint finish the wiring and a few other things and she will be DONE lol then i can enjoy her

crazyhorse_001 wrote:

sikend667

Postby sikend667 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:06 pm

Fury wrote:Steve , mate, you must be a nice guy, as what is happening is KARMA.

Your Subi "family" does care, it is sometimes hard to fatham, and even though I am on the other side of the world, I and members of this Subi commuity, are family. It's a little hard from here to do anything constructive other than emotional support, but there are a lot of people out in the world, that have made a difference in your life since the accident.
Your employer also must think that you are a valuable asset and work mates must also think you are not so bad either.

SO, things will work out in the end, I know the cops and probably insurance company arnt really interested, but hopefully things will catch up to the person that caused this whole mess.
That will also be Karma! :twisted:

Day by day, life will get back to normal and fortunately things wern't worse than they ended up. I don't know why these things happen, but some people look for the reason why - and quite often find one.
I didn't mean to do the whole emotional thing here, but good news is so often overlooked and I personally find your progress news really uplifting. You have some amazing friends that have directly helped you, each with their own reasons. I am sure everyone wanted to help in any capacity they could.

Now, to get the XT back on the road! :D

you have all helped even indirectly by keeping me sane and keeping my spirits high! even if i never get the chance to shake your hand personally know that you all have made a difference. thanks for the words of encouragement fury as i need them lol

crazyhorse_001 wrote:

sikend667

Postby austinXT6 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:49 am

I never visit the "Off Topic" forum - like ever. Not sure why. But I'm just now seeing this. OMG!!! :shock:

Steve, so so so so so sorry to hear about all this and so so so so so glad you're mending.
austinXT6
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic