Steve in Hospital

Try to keep it somewhat clean and reasonably PC

Moderators: Hocrest, Myxalplyx, Huck369, Moodybluesr, grossgary, john in KY, SUBBYRU89, austinXT6

Re: Steve in Hospital

Postby MooseCarAudio on Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:20 pm

austinXT6 wrote:I never visit the "Off Topic" forum - like ever. Not sure why. But I'm just now seeing this. OMG!!! :shock:

Steve, so so so so so sorry to hear about all this and so so so so so glad you're mending.

Same here... I never really visit this section...it's 3:30 am here... and I couldn't sleep.... I was Really shocked to hear of this Tragic accident dude!!!
I'm so sorry to hear of all the pain and suffering you are going through...
I've got my aches and pains... but nothing like that... wow...

How are you doing these days Steve? Still improving? You my friend are an inspiration ... How's the XT? did you get everything you needed to put her back together?? Front bumper and all??

If I Still Lived in Edmonton Alberta Canada... (and I'd red the damn section when it happened...) I'd have driven down to see you dude...

All the best from down under dude

Moose

White 1988 Vortex XT Turbo 4WD (The one I'm currently working on)

White 1987 Vortex XT FWD NA (the one I crashed)

Silver 1987 Vortex XT Turbo 4WD (This one I call MAXX) He's got an EJ20G from a Liberty RS

MOOSE CAR AUDIO
MooseCarAudio
Veteran

Postby Stover on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:00 am

That's a hell of a story you have to tell your grandkids now.
I find hope in the actions of your fellow Subi-owners.

Curious, given the speed of the impact, do you think you would react differently now if you found yourself in that situation again?
Any advice for us who pull over often to address problems under the hood?

My guess is that the person fled because they were young and scared of the consequences for such an accident.

I can recall a time I came upon a person who I could see being responsible for such and occurrence.

It was a early summer evening in 2001 in Los Gatos, CA. I was walking out with a bag of groceries and noticed a teenage girl crying on her knees in front of her car in the grocery store parking lot. She had obviously just been in a collision as through the sobbing, she was studying the damage on the front of her car. the hood was buckled, steam erupted from the shattered grille and both headlamps were broken. I asked her if she was alright, she was physically fine, just shaken and scared to death that she was going to jail. I advised her to call 911 and confess. I told her that it's likely someone got her license plate as a witness, and it was only a matter of time until it caught up with her. I don't know how it ended as I got in my car and left. However, I observed this young girl's lack of life experience and present motivation to avoid jail conveyed as overwhelming fear. I suspect this was the same mental condition of whoever hit you.
In retrospect, I should have reported her to the police... :(

Hope things are going better for you now.
1989 Subaru XT6
1992 Subaru SVX LSI
1986 Camaro IRoc Z
1998 Infinity QX4
2008 Toyota Sienna Limited AWD
1997 Jeep TJ Brute conversion
1999 Ram 2500 diesel
You can do anything you dare to dream.
Stover

Postby austinXT6 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:13 am

Sometimes people (and yes, you're right, ESPECIALLY young people) panic and their only impulse is to run away. Sometimes they're also under the influence. A few years ago I had a gal on I-95 in the far left lane suddenly swerve her Lexus RX330 into the left shoulder/concrete barrier footing and then over-correct to the right across all four lanes until she was literally sliding down the highway sideways directly in front of me in the far right lane. Fortunately I was driving really slowly to save gas (about 55 mph believe it or not :roll: :oops:)... I was driving like a little old lady but at that moment it's what kept my bumper from the right side of her car. She went off the highway and the vehicle rolled about 5 or 6 times - dirt flying everywhere - and came to rest upright somehow.

I was the first to get to her driver's door and I saw two bare feet kicking at the door. As I pulled her kicking opened it and she just got out and stood up. Had a minor cut on her knee and was shaking but otherwise SEEMED okay. Very pretty young woman. Very scared young woman. Soon I realized she was also a very "messed up" young woman... I don't know if she was drunk or high or tripping, but she wasn't really quite right. She asked me if I could give her a ride to get away. "My boyfriend is going to kill me." I said that was a bad idea. So she just started walking down the shoulder of I-95. I went after her and convinced her to come back. About that time other folks showed up and then a state trooper and the rest was your routine accident stuff.

But her first instinct wasn't safety, her vehicle, anybody else, or the law - it was to flee in panic.
JAX, FL
Daily driver: light blue 2011 Subaru Forester "XT" (does that count?)
Project car: mostly black '97 SVX LSi
RIP: Laguna blue '96 SVX LSi

RIP:
Pearl White '89 4WD 5 speed
╔°══════°╗
FLT SIX
╚°══════°╝
austinXT6
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Off Topic