'87 XT GL-10 for sale in Northern Colorado, 90k

Marketplace for vehicle buyers and sellers

Moderators: Hocrest, Myxalplyx, Huck369, Moodybluesr, grossgary, john in KY, SUBBYRU89, austinXT6

'87 XT GL-10 for sale in Northern Colorado, 90k

Postby SwedishChef on Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi guys, I am reluctantly selling my XT. It's a 1987 GL-10 in light blue. I'm putting this out as a feeler now. 1.8l EA82t engine, air suspension (works great). Everything works except the driver's window (needs new cable) and stereo. The speakers have been upgraded to Polk 6" and a Polk 4-channel amp. ALl basically brand new audio. I'm including the original head unit but it's not working.

I'm looking for $1,000 just to recoup my purchase price (yes, I stole it ;-) It has all new fluids & filters. A small, slow oil leak. All new fluids & OEM filters. Sunroof handle is broken. New-ish all-weather tires with warranty. New brakes all around. PM me if interested. Clean Colorado title.
Blue 1987 Subaru XT GL-10 EA82t
SwedishChef

Re: '87 XT GL-10 for sale in Northern Colorado, 90k

Postby grossgary on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:56 pm

auto/manual
FWD/AWD

nice deal for a reliable rust free daily driver. if i didn't have kids i might be tempted to get an Elk tag and fly out and drive back.
Gary
89 XT6, rear LSD
02 OBW VDC H6
06 Tribeca
grossgary

Postby SwedishChef on Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:16 pm

Sorry — I was in a hurry when I posted. It is a Full-time AWD model. Automatic transmission. Also, interior is in amazing shape. Never seen an interior in better shape than this personally. The thing I've been trying to figure out about it is an intermittent throttle hesitation issue. It only ever happens after the engine has warmed up, been driving a little, and you come to a stop sign (or something), with the engine running, and then start going again. Pushing the throttle sorts it out every time, but I haven't been able to figure out the culprit. This should have been the first thing I mentioned. I just don't have the time I thought I would to finish restoring her.

Included is an OEM 2002 WRX hood scoop, already modified to fit the XT hood. The paint is faded and I began to tap out the dings in the hood. There is very minor hail damage. You can't tell unless you're really looking for it. A/C & heat work perfectly. No rips or tears in interior. Plastic trim around steering wheel is broken (like they all are). I'll try to get some pics up. She's obviously a work in progress, and I waited for years to find a low-mileage XT GL-10. They're rare as hen's teeth. Sad to part with this one but I need the garage space.
SwedishChef

Postby themoneypit on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:18 am

Whoever buys this, i have a brand new OEM window regulator for it, and a working used stock radio.
Good luck with the sale!
1988 xt6 FT4WD from cali "MONSTER" w/"height control" SOLD :(
themoneypit
Veteran

Postby SwedishChef on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:45 am

grossgary wrote:auto/manual
FWD/AWD

nice deal for a reliable rust free daily driver. if i didn't have kids i might be tempted to get an Elk tag and fly out and drive back.

haha if you did that I may just have to join you! ;-) We could take the XT into the forest (in "high" mode, of course)
SwedishChef

Postby themoneypit on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:17 am

see if I was to buy it, id fly out, hit the "coffee shop" and drive the whole way home in "high" mode... :D
1988 xt6 FT4WD from cali "MONSTER" w/"height control" SOLD :(
themoneypit
Veteran

Postby SwedishChef on Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:50 pm

Here's a more exhaustive description guys.

$1,000 collected from Fort Collins, CO
1987 Subaru XT GL-10 in light blue exterior, blue interior, full-time AWD, automatic transmission, 99k, 1.8l EA82t

CORRECTION to original post: there is 99k, not 90k. Sorry I don't know how I missed that. I've only put about 30 miles onto this car unfortunately. I really wanted to restore it, but having a young family & finances are preventing it.

KNOWN ISSUES
• intermittent throttle hesitation issue, happens roughly 5% of the time
• gauge cluster lights very dim when headlights on
• small to medium oil leak
• driver's window needs new cable (it's stuck in the closed position)
• sunroof handle is broken (but the roof still opens & closes securely)
• factory radio included, but not working
• missing a hubcap
• paint is heavily faded – definitely needs paint
• minor hail damage, probably Bondo would fix it all
• minor structural scrape on rear driver's side quarter panel
• a couple minor scratches here and there (it's 27 years old)
• steering wheel plastic trims broken (like they all are)
• couple minor windshield chips, no cracks or holes

PLUSES
• Interior is in amazing shape for this year, complete with factory mats
• Air suspension works great
• No missing parts except one hubcap
• almost new all-weather tires, warranty included
• new WIX fuel filter
• new Mobile 1 10w30 oil (extra included)
• a couple new vacuum hoses & clamps
• new OEM air filter
• new brakes (by previous owner right before my purchase)
• x4 Polk DXi6000 speakers, all new speaker wiring
• Polk 4-channel AMP
• Monster Cable RCA from AMP to HU area, ready for new head unit
• used black 2002 Subaru WRX hood scoop included, already prepped for installation
• heat and AC work great
• rare as hen's teeth

DOES IT DRIVE?
• Yes! It starts up the first time, every time and idles great.
• These cars like to be warm, as you know
• It leaks oil and needs checking once a month
• It could use a tune, and special attention to throttle position sensor
• Brakes work great, but like a lot of old power brake systems, you gotta push the pedal once or twice to 'prime' it after starting when it's sat awhile. Better men than I could probably alleviate this and bleed the system properly
• Shifts perfectly and smoothly

OTHER
• Anyone who knows what they're doing with these cars would be able to sort this thing right out. It's already in a good state to be a daily driver. It ain't pretty. It needs some paint and a hubcap, but not much else. Oil her and love her and I'm sure she'll happily give another 100k.
• I'm in the process of getting the renewed title paper now. I already have the smog cert. I will try to get some pics up soon.
SwedishChef

Return to XTs/XT6s for sale