FS: 1987 XT Turbo 4WD, many rare mods & spares, $2200 (WI)

Marketplace for vehicle buyers and sellers

Moderators: Hocrest, Myxalplyx, Huck369, Moodybluesr, grossgary, john in KY, SUBBYRU89, austinXT6

FS: 1987 XT Turbo 4WD, many rare mods & spares, $2200 (WI)

Postby slickdizzy on Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:00 pm

Many of you are familiar with this car (the infamous "Monster Wedge") and the drama surrounding it's previous owners. I bought it in sorry shape last year as a half-parted-out wreck from MilesFox and went through a TON of work to get it back into running and driving condition. I re-did ALL of the turbo piping, fixed the mess that was the vacuum system on this car, put new transmission mounts in, re-did the brakes on all four corners, re-did the rear wheel bearings, upgraded the digital dash and interior to LED backlighting, removed the stupid Honda shifter and put a factory pistol-grip back in, and many other things.

MANY valuable spares will be included if my asking price is met, including a Kaminari XT body kit, a spare XT turbo hood, trunk, and sunroof panel, TWO XT rear bumpers (one with beam), a 1986 EA82 turbo longblock with intake manifold, miscellaneous interior trim parts, Nissan 280ZX turbo injectors (direct swap for more fuel), and many other parts I'm surely forgetting...

The car runs and drives well, boosts hard and goes down the freeway quite well; it does have a few known issues though. The driver's side front strut is blown, the front bumper needs to be painted, the rear sway bar is currently in the trunk after being removed for the wheel bearing job, the first digit of the MPH display on the digidash comes and goes, there is some rust underneath (not terminal though), and the idle has to be set pretty high due to the extreme Delta cams. That being said, this could be an awesome car for somebody with a little bit of work. Unfortunately I'm unemployed and I'm probably moving out of state for work, won't be able to bring this car with me, so here goes. I would hate to put this car on Craigslist where some local kid will buy it, blow it up, and scrap all the rare parts...but I will if it comes to that.

Asking $2200 obo. Car is located in Milwaukee, WI.

Modifications:

-IHI VF11 Turbo with ULTRA-RARE TWE header/up-pipe
-AFE ProDry S intake
-WRX stock downpipe and midpipe with a 3" straight pipe (not as loud as you might expect)
-XT6 brakes, rotors and 5-lug swap
-Bosch BPV
-Turbo XS boost controller
-Ford T-Bird intercooler
-XT6 transmission w/3.9 open rear
-XT6 clutch and lightened flywheel
-677/260 Delta cams
-2.5RS six-spokes with brand new 205/45-16 Continental DWS tires
-complete XT6 interior including dash, seats, trunk and paneling
-Momo Monte Carlo steering wheel
-Autometer boost, temp and oil pressure gauges
-Nice Sony Xplod stereo with Pioneer speakers