cadillac rear calipers

Brake upgrades, braking modifications, etc.

Moderators: Hocrest, Myxalplyx, Huck369, Moodybluesr, grossgary, john in KY, SUBBYRU89, austinXT6

Re: cadillac rear calipers

Postby Caboobaroo on Tue May 07, 2013 8:07 pm

Numbchux wrote:
Caboobaroo wrote:The masters will be labeled on them which size they are. If you have a hill holder, you will need to find one with 3 ports on it, or delete the hill holder and grab a 4 port master. Sometimes you will need a mirror to look on the bottom side of it to see what size it is.

Meh....that's what "T" Fittings are for. :P

You're right, a t-fitting would essentially work but when I found the extra bits of brake line and extensions I needed for the swap on my silver EA82 coupe, it made it so much easier :mrgreen:

Oce I get moved and settled next month, I plan to see how well the factory XT6 booster and factory RX booster mates to the SVX master cylinder. If you plan on buying an SVX master cylinder, try and find a used one. I bought. Brand new Centric part and it was over $200 my cost through the shop, retail shows it being almost $300 :shock:

Steve, I've played around with so many eras of Subarus and have done tons of research, hands on with parts and so on, that I'm very good with undercar systems. I know more about Subaru brake and suspension setups, year changes and whatnot then most of the other mechanics in the shop and that's all we play with :lol:
1989 Subaru XT6 - Black Mica
1989 Subaru RX - Black/Gold
2004 Subaru Legacy Outback Limited 3.0 sedan - White/Gold
Caboobaroo
Veteran

Postby sikend667 on Thu May 09, 2013 12:15 am

Caboobaroo wrote:
Numbchux wrote:
Caboobaroo wrote:The masters will be labeled on them which size they are. If you have a hill holder, you will need to find one with 3 ports on it, or delete the hill holder and grab a 4 port master. Sometimes you will need a mirror to look on the bottom side of it to see what size it is.

Meh....that's what "T" Fittings are for. :P

You're right, a t-fitting would essentially work but when I found the extra bits of brake line and extensions I needed for the swap on my silver EA82 coupe, it made it so much easier :mrgreen:

Oce I get moved and settled next month, I plan to see how well the factory XT6 booster and factory RX booster mates to the SVX master cylinder. If you plan on buying an SVX master cylinder, try and find a used one. I bought. Brand new Centric part and it was over $200 my cost through the shop, retail shows it being almost $300 :shock:

Steve, I've played around with so many eras of Subarus and have done tons of research, hands on with parts and so on, that I'm very good with undercar systems. I know more about Subaru brake and suspension setups, year changes and whatnot then most of the other mechanics in the shop and that's all we play with :lol:

move faster lol i need to pick your brain..... and give you some money lol
Sorrow Six Star wrote:I have a Badcock and more credit account. Nice furniture.

crazyhorse_001 wrote:
Sorrow Six Star wrote:Only thing coming up is my Badcock and more credit bill..... Badcock ain't cheap.

Ya know, you'd think it would be. LMAO
sikend667

Postby Caboobaroo on Fri May 10, 2013 8:50 pm

Moving is coming fast enough! Holy crap, I have less then two weeks left at work.... :|

Anyways, pick away! I've done a lot of research into what works and doesn't work, I can be of some assistance once I get settled :wink:

Back on track...

If you plan on using the 1 1/16th master, be prepared to have some 4 pot front calipers and two pot rear or else pedal feel will suffer. A 1" master will work for everything just shy of those (WRX calipers and the larger '05 Legacy GT calipers) and with an addition of stainless steel lines made for any Legacy from 2000 up through 2009, voila, an ideal braking system for an XT :wink:

I dont think I'm going to put Brembos or 4/2s on the XT6, just need to step the master cylinder size up to a 1". Plus I'd like to upgrade the pads and rotors again, do a fluid flush and delete the hill holder. I might also step up to the '05 Legacy GT brakes front and rear. If the XT6 doesn't get them, my Outback will :lol:
1989 Subaru XT6 - Black Mica
1989 Subaru RX - Black/Gold
2004 Subaru Legacy Outback Limited 3.0 sedan - White/Gold
Caboobaroo
Veteran

Postby sikend667 on Tue May 14, 2013 12:31 am

Caboobaroo wrote:Moving is coming fast enough! Holy crap, I have less then two weeks left at work.... :|

Anyways, pick away! I've done a lot of research into what works and doesn't work, I can be of some assistance once I get settled :wink:

Back on track...

If you plan on using the 1 1/16th master, be prepared to have some 4 pot front calipers and two pot rear or else pedal feel will suffer. A 1" master will work for everything just shy of those (WRX calipers and the larger '05 Legacy GT calipers) and with an addition of stainless steel lines made for any Legacy from 2000 up through 2009, voila, an ideal braking system for an XT :wink:

I dont think I'm going to put Brembos or 4/2s on the XT6, just need to step the master cylinder size up to a 1". Plus I'd like to upgrade the pads and rotors again, do a fluid flush and delete the hill holder. I might also step up to the '05 Legacy GT brakes front and rear. If the XT6 doesn't get them, my Outback will :lol:

i was thinking 1" as there is no need (yet) it get all crazy with the braking system. i have decided to change routes (again!) and am leaning more toward camero rear brakes (lighter smaller piston etc.)
Sorrow Six Star wrote:I have a Badcock and more credit account. Nice furniture.

crazyhorse_001 wrote:
Sorrow Six Star wrote:Only thing coming up is my Badcock and more credit bill..... Badcock ain't cheap.

Ya know, you'd think it would be. LMAO
sikend667

Previous

Return to 60-0: Brake projects