Ultimate ER27 build

Engine swaps, rear end swaps, engine builds, etc.

Moderators: Hocrest, Myxalplyx, Huck369, Moodybluesr, grossgary, john in KY, SUBBYRU89, austinXT6

Re: Ultimate ER27 build

Postby grossgary on Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:00 am

I always thought that was odd ea82 retorque but not er27. Then fel pro says none needed on their ea82 gaskets.

Are you going to retorque?

I'd rather stay stock too just personal preference alone.
Gary
89 XT6, rear LSD
02 OBW VDC H6
06 Tribeca
grossgary

Postby Caboobaroo on Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:48 pm

I plan to let it sit for a few weeks to let everything settle in before I go back over and recheck torque. Then it's a matter of getting the cams and rockers on, reseal the water pump and oil pump, throw a few other new seals in, toss my new timing belt components on and into the car it'll go!
1989 Subaru XT6 - Black Mica
1989 Subaru RX - Black/Gold
2004 Subaru Legacy Outback Limited 3.0 sedan - White/Gold
Caboobaroo
Veteran

Postby Caboobaroo on Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:40 pm

Sorry I haven't posted many pictures here, I've been mostly putting them up on the XT/XT6 Facebook page. I will get some more up here soon.

However, more progress on the goal for 250 crank horsepower. I had a chance to get the Delta cams removed from Roy's old rally car engine. I'm still waiting on a tube of Fuji Bond from Subaru so I can install the cam cases.

New OEM water pump is still on the way. Apparently it wanted a tour of the US, so it left California, went to New York, New Jersey and now it's headed back to Oregon...

I have pretty much everything else to get it put together and ready to drop into the car. Still need to finish up the MegaSquirt system and get it installed but I really want to run this engine. Maybe I will just install the wideband 02 sensor system for now...
1989 Subaru XT6 - Black Mica
1989 Subaru RX - Black/Gold
2004 Subaru Legacy Outback Limited 3.0 sedan - White/Gold
Caboobaroo
Veteran

Previous

Return to Powertrain projects