2018 Subaru Alcyone Dragon Meet

Discussion of meetings and greetings

Moderators: Hocrest, Myxalplyx, Huck369, Moodybluesr, grossgary, john in KY, SUBBYRU89, austinXT6

2018 Subaru Alcyone Dragon Meet

Postby Huck369 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:20 pm

2018 Subaru Alcyone Dragon Meet
June 29, 2018 - July 1st, 2018
The Alcyone Dragon Meet is held at Fontana Village, near to the Stretch of Highway 129 called "The Tail of the Dragon" and has 318 Curves in 11 miles!
People travel from all over the country to drive this road!
The Meet is for Owners (or previous owners) of either a Subaru XT / XT6 or a Subaru SVX, both of which were named Alcyone in Japan

For reservations call 1-828-498-2211
Tell them you're with the "Subaru Alcyone" Group

Rooms at the Inn $119.00 /night
2BR\1BA Laurel Cabin $149.00/Night
2BR\2BA Azalea Cabin $209.00/Night
3BR\2BA Azalea Cabin $245.00/Night

This is a pretty "Laid Back" meet Usually do a Group Drive, and Cookout on Saturday. It is a very Family oriented Meet


Hope to see ya there! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Huck
Subaru Ambassador
88 XT6 5-Speed(Project Car)
08 Impreza 2.5I 5-Speed
92 SVX LS-Tour (Yellow AWD 5-Speed)
09 Forester X Premium
The Creator of FrankenWedge
User avatar
Huck369
Moderator
 
Posts: 15544
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:34 am
Location: Somerset, KY

Re: 2018 Subaru Alcyone Dragon Meet

Postby austinXT6 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:26 pm

I'll be sharing with Huck and Carol.

Can't wait! (Hope to see more people this year :roll: :shock: )

-a
JAX, FL
Daily driver: light blue 2011 Subaru Forester "XT" (does that count?)
Project car: mostly black '97 SVX LSi
RIP: Laguna blue '96 SVX LSi

RIP:
Pearl White '89 4WD 5 speed
Image
╔°══════°╗
FLT SIX
╚°══════°╝
User avatar
austinXT6
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5079
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:00 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: 2018 Subaru Alcyone Dragon Meet

Postby Huck369 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:29 pm

Bump....need to get your rooms or cabins rented, April 28th is the cut-off for the group rates.... Phil and the Cheeze Wedge will be there, you don't want to miss that!
Huck
Subaru Ambassador
88 XT6 5-Speed(Project Car)
08 Impreza 2.5I 5-Speed
92 SVX LS-Tour (Yellow AWD 5-Speed)
09 Forester X Premium
The Creator of FrankenWedge
User avatar
Huck369
Moderator
 
Posts: 15544
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:34 am
Location: Somerset, KY

Re: 2018 Subaru Alcyone Dragon Meet

Postby SUBBYRU89 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:14 am

Work approved my days, now to secure the rest :D
1989 XT6~Pearl White(JuiceBox)
1992 SVX LS-L~BoverP(PeeJ)
2003 Baja~Blue (Outbrat)
User avatar
SUBBYRU89
Siren of the Pleades
 
Posts: 2305
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:10 pm
Location: Old Boston, PA

Re: 2018 Subaru Alcyone Dragon Meet

Postby austinXT6 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:12 pm

I'm trying to help Marcelo (from Uruguay) get a room. He's been trying to get through to the reservations desk at the hotel but it just keeps going to voice mail. He's left his phone number with them, but they might not be able to call internationally.

I found a deal on Trip Advisor that's only about $10 more for a room, and sent him the link.

If that doesn't work out for him, does anybody have a spare room at their cabin he could split with you?

-Austin
JAX, FL
Daily driver: light blue 2011 Subaru Forester "XT" (does that count?)
Project car: mostly black '97 SVX LSi
RIP: Laguna blue '96 SVX LSi

RIP:
Pearl White '89 4WD 5 speed
Image
╔°══════°╗
FLT SIX
╚°══════°╝
User avatar
austinXT6
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5079
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:00 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: 2018 Subaru Alcyone Dragon Meet

Postby Huck369 on Wed May 02, 2018 8:06 am

Marcelo got a room reserved! So that is good, I went to pull the Fuel pump off my XT6 last night and all 3 of the mounting bolts snapped off.....grrrr....... Good thing I'll be driving the SVX this year....
Huck
Subaru Ambassador
88 XT6 5-Speed(Project Car)
08 Impreza 2.5I 5-Speed
92 SVX LS-Tour (Yellow AWD 5-Speed)
09 Forester X Premium
The Creator of FrankenWedge
User avatar
Huck369
Moderator
 
Posts: 15544
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:34 am
Location: Somerset, KY

Re: 2018 Subaru Alcyone Dragon Meet

Postby grossgary on Wed May 02, 2018 1:37 pm

Huck369 wrote:Marcelo got a room reserved! So that is good, I went to pull the Fuel pump off my XT6 last night and all 3 of the mounting bolts snapped off.....grrrr....... Good thing I'll be driving the SVX this year....
No! I’ve had that happen to multiple XTs, they’re small for all the exposure they get. Is the fuel pump bad?
Gary
89 XT6, rear LSD
02 OBW VDC H6
06 Tribeca
grossgary
Moderator
 
Posts: 11634
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:34 pm
Location: midatlantic

Re: 2018 Subaru Alcyone Dragon Meet

Postby Huck369 on Fri May 04, 2018 1:41 pm

grossgary wrote:
Huck369 wrote:Marcelo got a room reserved! So that is good, I went to pull the Fuel pump off my XT6 last night and all 3 of the mounting bolts snapped off.....grrrr....... Good thing I'll be driving the SVX this year....
No! I’ve had that happen to multiple XTs, they’re small for all the exposure they get. Is the fuel pump bad?

Still runs, but hoping that it's weak, and causing the poor running...I figure at 200k it probably needs a new one regardless :) bought a new fuel pump, and fuel filter for it....
Attachments
IMG_3477.jpg
Huck
Subaru Ambassador
88 XT6 5-Speed(Project Car)
08 Impreza 2.5I 5-Speed
92 SVX LS-Tour (Yellow AWD 5-Speed)
09 Forester X Premium
The Creator of FrankenWedge
User avatar
Huck369
Moderator
 
Posts: 15544
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:34 am
Location: Somerset, KY

Re: 2018 Subaru Alcyone Dragon Meet

Postby marcelo on Sun May 06, 2018 9:53 am

hello everyone, i´m trying to find a cheap fligth, i have a US customer he´s coming to Montevideo next may 21 to pick up a duccati 1948 that I have in my garage, he is an american airlines mechanic, he also lives in north carolina.
I am very happy with this trip
Marcelo
XT 86 4wd turbo MT & XT 87 4wd turbo AT(only 2 XT in my country)
brat 1979
Ford M 151 A1 MUTT (military utility tactical truck) 1968
chevy 1961 impala
ford A 1928
2 hillman IMP 1966
marcelo
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:39 pm
Location: Uruguay, montevideo

Re: 2018 Subaru Alcyone Dragon Meet

Postby grossgary on Fri May 11, 2018 7:46 pm

Huck369 wrote:
grossgary wrote:
Huck369 wrote:Marcelo got a room reserved! So that is good, I went to pull the Fuel pump off my XT6 last night and all 3 of the mounting bolts snapped off.....grrrr....... Good thing I'll be driving the SVX this year....
No! I’ve had that happen to multiple XTs, they’re small for all the exposure they get. Is the fuel pump bad?

Still runs, but hoping that it's weak, and causing the poor running...I figure at 200k it probably needs a new one regardless :) bought a new fuel pump, and fuel filter for it....

Call or email any time, I’ll help trouble shoot or send parts. it ran fine for me for theee years or whatever as a daily driver.
Gary
89 XT6, rear LSD
02 OBW VDC H6
06 Tribeca
grossgary
Moderator
 
Posts: 11634
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:34 pm
Location: midatlantic

Re: 2018 Subaru Alcyone Dragon Meet

Postby skip20 on Tue May 22, 2018 12:26 pm

Is this the Fontana Village Resort, 300 WOODS RD.
Hope to be there with my Subaru 3 wheel car.
Skip20
skip20
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:09 am
Location: West Knoxville, TN 37934

Re: 2018 Subaru Alcyone Dragon Meet

Postby skip20 on Tue May 22, 2018 12:29 pm

austinXT6 wrote:I'm trying to help Marcelo (from Uruguay) get a room. He's been trying to get through to the reservations desk at the hotel but it just keeps going to voice mail. He's left his phone number with them, but they might not be able to call internationally.

I found a deal on Trip Advisor that's only about $10 more for a room, and sent him the link.

If that doesn't work out for him, does anybody have a spare room at their cabin he could split with you?

-Austin


I'm hoping to get a room I could split with him, but phone keep being busy
skip20
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:09 am
Location: West Knoxville, TN 37934

Re: 2018 Subaru Alcyone Dragon Meet

Postby skip20 on Tue May 22, 2018 12:50 pm

Got a room for Sat. only at the $119.99. on line I was seeing 158.00-148.00
phone # is (800) 849-2258
Now I have to hope the car will get there from Knoxville TN
skip20
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:09 am
Location: West Knoxville, TN 37934

Re: 2018 Subaru Alcyone Dragon Meet

Postby skip20 on Tue May 22, 2018 1:40 pm

OK, things have changed! I talked my wife into coming, so got a small cabin for 2 nights which will include a little Yoke.
Guess I better get the 3 wheeler running good for 4 trips across the Dragon.
skip20
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:09 am
Location: West Knoxville, TN 37934

Re: 2018 Subaru Alcyone Dragon Meet

Postby skip20 on Thu May 24, 2018 3:15 pm

Is there more then 3-4 people showing up for the gathering this year
My wife & I will be there in one of the cabin.
skip20
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:09 am
Location: West Knoxville, TN 37934

Next

Return to Meets and Greets

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron