audrey is going under the knife very soon.qq

Forum for Subaru XT and/or XT6 owners

Moderators: Hocrest, Myxalplyx, Huck369, Moodybluesr, grossgary, john in KY, SUBBYRU89, austinXT6

audrey is going under the knife very soon.qq

Postby crazyhorse_001 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:47 pm

As soon as i get past this bout of copd that has me in the hospital, im setting to work on audrey. She has set with minor breaks for almost a year. Im going with ej knuckles and hopefully some nice svx dual pot brakes for the front. Yes i know i lose my e-brake, but i have an auto so no huge dealio.
I also have a paddleshift trick up my sleeve that when finishrd SHOULD work with any old 4eat. My trip computer, and stereo eq are being replaced with a touch screen drivetrain control module with paddle shift controls, and a virtual DCCD. All this will be for sale as a p&p unit when i get it perfected.
Beyond that shes getting a matte silver paint job based on japanese air defense logos

Suggestions for a nice balance for ride/handiling on springs and struts. Im looking for an SVX balance rides good without wallowing in the corners. She already has antique tags, so she isnt a daily driver anymore. I have a 95 imp wagon for those duties.

I dont need bushings etc you have no idea just how stupid clean, and preserved the underside of my 6 is. I doubt the turbo in subaru's collection is as clean lol. My gosh the bolts still have the zmac coating on them!
Nought but by the grace of God
Don't run out of talent, grip, and road all at the same time
'88 XT GL FWD/5spd, Gunmetal Grey "Little Bit"
'91 XT6 FWD/4eat, Silver, lost the battle with the the rust monster
crazyhorse_001
Veteran

Return to Subaru XT discussions