Seeking contact details for 'Alcyone Lunacy'

Forum for Subaru XT and/or XT6 owners

Moderators: Hocrest, Myxalplyx, Huck369, Moodybluesr, grossgary, john in KY, SUBBYRU89, austinXT6

Seeking contact details for 'Alcyone Lunacy'

Postby funkybits on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:15 pm

Howdy all,

It's been a while since I've been on this forum as the issue below has somewhat soured my love of forums. I thought I was helping all XT lovers out re the dreaded Kaminari kit debarcle but in the end it seems I'm $500 out of pocket...

Back in May 2011 I paid $500USD via Paypal to forum member 'Alcyone Lunacy' to help move forward the production of the Kaminari kit and I was told that in return I would receive a kit.

I have not received any communication from 'Alcyone Lunacy' since November 2012 and I understand he sold the kit molds not that long ago.

Unfortunately the email addresses I have for this person appear to be no longer valid (one is inactive and the person receiving email from the other claims they aren't the person concerned).

So the current situation I find myself in is that I have paid $500 well over 2 years ago now for goods I never received. Alcyone Lunacy has not contacted me since November 2012 where he stated that a kit was waiting for me once I paid for the delivery to Australia.

Anyways, I'm hoping someone may know Alcyone Lunacy and/or be able to provide his current contact details as this is a pretty crap situation for me to be in. I've always hoped that the person concerned wasn't out to rip me off, but gee things aren't looking that good are they :-(

Cheers with Aussie Beers and hoping someone can help.

John
1987.5 XT Vortex 4wd Turbo 4 speed Auto
1986 XT Alcyone 2wd Turbo Manual

WANTED
Manual KM/h Digi Dash, Euro Injectors for ea82T
funkybits

Re: Seeking contact details for 'Alcyone Lunacy'

Postby MooseCarAudio on Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:48 pm

John... I've not long ago gone back over that whole situation and read most of the posts from that period and I have to say...
What a mess... I'm so sorry that you were involved in it and lost that amount of cash in the deal! I wish I could help you in some way,
But alas... I cannot.

I'm sorry that experience has soured you on forums... and particularly THIS forum. I can only tell you of My experience here, and say that, while I've never had any contact with the member called "Alcyone Lunacy" I've found this place to be the best group of car guys... scratch that... Guys I've ever come across! I've never met a nicer bunch of like minded people, so willing to go out of their way to help another member out of a jam, or just to be a sounding board. I've met guys on here that I consider... GOOD FRIENDS... and guys that genuinely care about one another... I've been going through some pretty tough times, physically and emotionally and there are guys on here... 2 in particular that have helped me immensely. (Fury and Nate) Please don't write us all off because of one BAD EGG...

The fact that you are the only other member here from Adelaide... we should stick together... I would still really like to get together for coffee and a cruise or something... I'll be entering ALL JAPAN DAY again this year... taking over your spot... Christan Applett (the organizer of the Event) sent me a message... encouraging me to enter again this year, Saying , and I quote "It wouldn't be ALL JAPAN DAY without a Vortex" I'd love to see you at the event... even if you can't enter.... It'd be even better if you COULD enter... meet up on the morning of the event and Drive in together so we can park Side by Side... I know you are a busy guy... so I won't hold my breath...
But don't give up on the rest of us!...

We will keep an eye out for the Bastard for you!

Contact me Directly if you can John

White 1988 Vortex XT Turbo 4WD (The one I'm currently working on)

White 1987 Vortex XT FWD NA (the one I crashed)

Silver 1987 Vortex XT Turbo 4WD (This one I call MAXX) He's got an EJ20G from a Liberty RS

MOOSE CAR AUDIO
MooseCarAudio
Veteran

Postby Fury WRXT on Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:39 pm

I agree John, don't give up on the rest of us.
I am usually the first to give someone the benefit of the doubt, and I must admit, I thought he would come through. If I had the molds, I would build you a set for my costs. As you know, I will try and help anyone if I can. I have had issues in the past like this, but if you dwell on it, it can only make you more upset and take away your joy. I have had so many things happen regarding my Vortex, yet it is by far, the car I have most enjoyed ( and I have had a LOT of cars) I have had one continuously since 1993.

Look past this as far as your XT happiness, even if you continue to chase your money. We would love to see you enjoy the forum again.
Chris
WRXT EJ20T XT- with a mind of it's own

Gen 3 Outback Limited 2.5 wagon, sadly as a daily driver

Can someone please reset my original username... locked me out!
Fury WRXT

Postby funkybits on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:55 pm

Thanks a lot Fury & Moose :D

I'll take on board what you've both said and I have also had many good experiences up until the crap interaction with Alcyone Lunacy. Fury sent me an ECU many moons ago and gave me great advise & nncoolg was most helpful quite recently re the conversion of my gearbox from Auto to Manual in my 4WD Vortex. Mr Lunacy was also quite helpful until disappearing off the face of my earth with not only my $500, but a body kit I thought I was definitely going to get at some point and my trust of people!

It seems I am having some traction tracking down Mr Lunacy, so fingers crossed that once I turn up the screws he will do the right thing and refund my money.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone that knows what Alcyone Lunacy (real name Clint) looks like as I have some photos I want to double check are definitely of him before I share them on the web.

Moose, I aim to be at All Jap Day this year - At this stage in my 83 Supra as my Vortex still needs some finishing off and I'll keep ya posted for sure.

Thanks again guys

WANTED
funkybits

Postby Turbone on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:37 am

I feel your pain John. Some of the repro's that he made were from my rear wing and rear bumper valance. The agreement was that he was to send me a copy of the rear and a copy of the wing. I had to pressure him to send me the only piece he made - the rear valance. I never got my wing back or a copy. Thats on the back of his XT6.
I hunted him down thru friends on the internet and he finally made a appearance on the forum. Claimed he was having family problems etc. This was after waiting 3yrs!
I'll see what I can dig up again, I wouldnt mind making his life a little more miserable again.

I also replied to your post on the SVX forum.

Last known address and email........
Hocrest wrote:You can dress up a turd and shoot it out of a canon.... It's still just a turd, going fast and wearing a suit... :P
Turbone
Guru

Postby MooseCarAudio on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:42 am

funkybits wrote:Thanks a lot Fury & Moose :D

Moose, I aim to be at All Jap Day this year - At this stage in my 83 Supra as my Vortex still needs some finishing off and I'll keep ya posted for sure.

Thanks again guys

Well I shouldn't be too hard to find ;)
Make sure you come over and introduce yourself. If not... I'll try to find you.

Silver 1987 Vortex XT Turbo 4WD (This one I call MAXX) He's got an EJ20G from a Liberty RS

MOOSE CAR AUDIO
MooseCarAudio
Veteran

Postby OKsubaru on Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:08 pm

[quote="Turbone"]I feel your pain John. Some of the repro's that he made were from my rear wing and rear bumper valance. The agreement was that he was to send me a copy of the rear and a copy of the wing. I had to pressure him to send me the only piece he made - the rear valance. I never got my wing back or a copy. Thats on the back of his XT6.
I hunted him down thru friends on the internet and he finally made a appearance on the forum. Claimed he was having family problems etc. This was after waiting 3yrs!
I'll see what I can dig up again, I wouldnt mind making his life a little more miserable again.

I also replied to your post on the SVX forum.

Last known address and email........

Anyone google satellite imaged that address ?
http://www.subaruxt.com/forum/download/file.php?id=2880 << play with it, increase/decrease the last digit(s) by one, to find hidden archival resources .

OKsubaru
Veteran

Postby rpholz on Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:44 am

While I would love to see this whole ordeal resolved. I don't think we should be publicly posting people's address and personal information. It's fine to share with parties involved but other than that please keep it to a pm.

Just a third party courtesy post. :?
RIP WJM
rpholz
Veteran

Postby MooseCarAudio on Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:09 pm

I agree...
This Man Must Be Brought to Justice... but
PM's would be the place for that sort of Information

I do support any action that would bring a resolution to this difficult situation

MOOSE CAR AUDIO
MooseCarAudio
Veteran

Postby Fury WRXT on Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:28 pm

This Forum is above reproach. No mud slinging. I agree with you both and so will most others.

Clint WAS a valued member, that contributed to this community immensely, who unfortunately let circumstances get the better of him.

I am SURE it was not deliberate attempt to defraud anyone.

He was trying to help the members, but unfortunately good intentions don't necessarily work out well with any business dealings.

I hope this matter can be sorted quickly, but without any input from Clint, it is likely to get messy.

Definitely PM's for communications between involved parties.
Chris
WRXT EJ20T XT- with a mind of it's own

Gen 3 Outback Limited 2.5 wagon, sadly as a daily driver

Can someone please reset my original username... locked me out!
Fury WRXT

Postby funkybits on Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:54 am

Update...

Unfortunately no one has been able to provide me with any definitive information on Alcyone Lunacy so now seems certain the $500+ I paid him many years ago now is gone for good.

Hence I strongly warn others to avoid any trades with this person should they ever surface again and I strongly suggest you play very safe when trading internationally in particular.

Hopefully karma does exist :-)

Peace

WANTED
funkybits

Postby funkybits on Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:52 pm

Hi all,

Still laying low on the forum after never receiving anything from member 'Alcyone Lunacy' after parting with 500 USD for a Kaminari Kit

If anyone has any updated contact information for him, please PM me as I haven't given up hope

Cheers

WANTED
funkybits

Return to Subaru XT discussions