Back where I belong

Forum for Subaru XT and/or XT6 owners

Moderators: Hocrest, Myxalplyx, Huck369, Moodybluesr, grossgary, john in KY, SUBBYRU89, austinXT6

Back where I belong

Postby SUBBYRU89 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Finally getting the XT6 on the road! It was purchased from Tappormanor back in 2005 and has sat in Hocrest's basement. I've been wanting to get her out into day light, but life happens and things get put on hold. Well, the SVX was hit in the rear quarter back in Feb. andI'll be sending her to the body shop soon and as of late she's been misbehaving by throwing codes and refusing to start every now and then so I figure what better time then now to pull the X out.
1989 XT6~Pearl White(JuiceBox)
1992 SVX LS-L~BoverP(PeeJ)
2003 Baja~Blue (Outbrat)
SUBBYRU89
Siren of the Pleades

Re: Back where I belong

Postby Huck369 on Sun May 01, 2011 12:17 pm

SUBBYRU89 wrote:Finally getting the XT6 on the road! It was purchased from Tappormanor back in 2005 and has sat in Hocrest's basement. I've been wanting to get her out into day light, but life happens and things get put on hold. Well, the SVX was hit in the rear quarter back in Feb. andI'll be sending her to the body shop soon and as of late she's been misbehaving by throwing codes and refusing to start every now and then so I figure what better time then now to pull the X out.

SWEET!!!!

Will be good to get back in the X....we need more XT's at the Dragon, and I'm dieing to see yours! :!: :!:
Huck
Subaru Ambassador
88 XT6 5-Speed(Project Car)
08 Impreza 2.5I 5-Speed
92 SVX LS-Tour (Yellow AWD 5-Speed)
09 Forester X Premium
The Creator of FrankenWedge
Huck369

Postby kingbobdole on Tue May 03, 2011 1:34 am

Huck369 wrote:
SUBBYRU89 wrote:Finally getting the XT6 on the road! It was purchased from Tappormanor back in 2005 and has sat in Hocrest's basement. I've been wanting to get her out into day light, but life happens and things get put on hold. Well, the SVX was hit in the rear quarter back in Feb. andI'll be sending her to the body shop soon and as of late she's been misbehaving by throwing codes and refusing to start every now and then so I figure what better time then now to pull the X out.

SWEET!!!!

Will be good to get back in the X....we need more XT's at the Dragon, and I'm dieing to see yours! :!: :!:

+1 This needs to be the year of the XT again! So few last time I came, and now it'll be all XTs!
~Phil
EZ Cheeze
FWD magic SVX
Fe Coupe
Rust in the shape of a BRAT
Alfa Romeo GTV
Motorless Impreza sport
TURBO! bike
Da Rune

SubaruJawn wrote:Does yellow really do that ?

subeman90 wrote:LeBaron.

austinXT6 wrote: It's a little doo-dad that sticks up an inch or so
kingbobdole
Cheesy monarch

Postby Huck369 on Tue May 03, 2011 6:02 am

Austin said he's bringing his SVX, instead of his XT6 this year.....so that's one less....I still plan to bring both my SVX and XT6, but I live closer than most....
Huck
Subaru Ambassador
08 Impreza 2.5I 5-Speed
09 Forester X Premium
Huck369

Postby austinXT6 on Tue May 10, 2011 8:38 pm

I was HOPING to get my 18 year old to come and she could drive the XT6, but I can't convince her to come. She's got school and on top of that she's pretty shy around crowds. :(

I can't convince my wife to drive up either, no matter how hard I try. Her "logic" (ha!) is, "Why should I drive 12 hours away to relax? Plus I don't want to sit around and talk about cars all day...", etc. But she also has a legitimate excuse in the long run, even if I could convince her to come: she got laid off after 11 years a month ago, and *just* got re-hired by the sister company so she can't exactly start scheduling time off a month into the new job. So even if I could convince her to come, she wouldn't be able to schedule any time off (plus the new job started out in "emergency" mode already as far as her work load is concerned). :roll:

Olivia, my 15 year old, is coming but she doesn't drive yet, so I'm still only going to be able to bring the SVX.

In addition to all that, I'm not 100% sure the XT6 would be road ready in time. It's driveable, but needs a few things - 4 new tires for one thing - to be worthy of taking a 12 hour trip and the Dragon. I'm still going to try to get both cars up there next year. By then Liv should be driving (scary! :shock:) and who knows, maybe I'll even convince Maureen to come (and then maybe Anna won't be so shy).
austinXT6
Site Admin

Postby SUBBYRU89 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:34 pm

Well, the XT6 has been registered and insured today :) Need to get fresh rubbers and pull her out of Hocrest's basement :)
No promises about bringing her to the Dragon this year due to not sure what condition she is (remember it's been 6 yrs since she's seen the light of day) and Kimi might need the more reliable car around since she has a baby who needs things more then me. The SVX has been problematic starting lately and there is a grinding noise that we can't seem to figure out without getting her on a lift..so the Legacy might be the best choice, but we'll see.

Any way, she's almost 100% legal <insert banana dance here>
SUBBYRU89
Siren of the Pleades

Postby Huck369 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:01 pm

Sweet!! :!: :!:
Huck
Subaru Ambassador
08 Impreza 2.5I 5-Speed
09 Forester X Premium
Huck369

Postby Razor on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:24 pm

Great to have you back!
Krytios wrote: I don't like forcing the air content of the entire country of Mexico through my intake just to go to Wal-mart.
Razor
Veteran

Postby SUBBYRU89 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:44 pm

She's registered and insured so now I need to get down to Hocrest's and back her out.
I recently got a new office (with a window facing the garden) and today they installed the new a/c unit so I've been working mega overtime to get it organized so I can get back to a normal functioning day (if you work in medical records you know what I mean). Hopefully by tomorrow I'll have it 100% and I can stop the OT and get to the XT6 while there is still light.
There's only a few weeks left so Peej is definitely not doing the Dragon this year. She's got that intermittent starting problem (might be a relay or the switch according to Hocrest) and since she was hit back in Feb. I'm hoping the guys insurance settles and she gets repaired soon (rear 1/4 panel under the passenger window was hit).

I'll keep updating as things progress :)
2003 Baja~Blue (Outbrat)
SUBBYRU89
Siren of the Pleades

Postby Huck369 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:28 am

Looking forward to the updates!!
Huck
Subaru Ambassador
08 Impreza 2.5I 5-Speed
09 Forester X Premium
Huck369

Postby SUBBYRU89 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:41 pm

Woke up this morning and unhooked the bumper to get it reattached properly, zip tied it on to get her home. Installed the lights and fogs, rinsed the engine bay to get the crap that has been collecting in there. Had her out again today. Stumbled a bit due to the old gas and threw a code 21. Going to order the reseal stuff from Rock Auto and get her less drippy :) Hopefully soon she'll have a name as for now I call her Devil Child :)
2003 Baja~Blue (Outbrat)
SUBBYRU89
Siren of the Pleades

Postby SUBBYRU89 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Honey, I'm home!

I've been shackled down by work, college, and just life stuff, but it's been beautiful these last couple days and I decided to get something done whether it be getting the X road worthy or deciding that it's too far gone.

I juggled the cars around the driveways yesterday (which was a task in itself). I got the X jumped and running, but all tires are dry rotted so I couldn't go anywhere. I took a few hours and washed all the tree debris from the exterior and really got it clean. Thankfully there is no leaks so that's one thing to check off :) Today was an equally beautiful day so I decided to jack it up and put on the new shoes. The rear wasn't to bad to get done, but the front...I'm not sure how I'm going to jack it up, it's so low. Through all the jostling I'm hoping the air ride unsticks itself so I can see whats what. The rocker panels are toast, but I'm going to get a second opinion and if Hocrest can't weld them then most likely I'm going to find someone who can. There is just no way I can let go of this car.
I have some pictures as soon as I figure out where they went :)
2003 Baja~Blue (Outbrat)
SUBBYRU89
Siren of the Pleades

Postby john in KY on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:40 pm

Welcome back. Post photos.
john in KY

Postby Huck369 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:42 am

Looking forward to seeing your progress Melis......
Huck
Subaru Ambassador
08 Impreza 2.5I 5-Speed
09 Forester X Premium
Huck369

Postby SUBBYRU89 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:12 pm

Oh boy! So I'm not sure what I did, but I've been locked out since April. I contacted Austin and he got me back in a flash! Again, thanks Austin
So the cars name is JuiceBox. Dave helped me jack up the front and I put on the rubber I had in the basement. They were beat so I went and bought new shoes; Cooper CS5. Then we were checking the air suspension and so far 2 of the bags were holding. Due to lack of time this project will be moving in increments, but it's moving.
I'm using my phone right now, but I'll add pictures as I can.
2003 Baja~Blue (Outbrat)
SUBBYRU89
Siren of the Pleades

Return to Subaru XT discussions